Saturday September 22, 2018
ONEHEART EXPERIENCE -- Cancelled due to Poor Weather conditions. Will be rescheduled at an indoor venue soon. Check our website for updates!
Shinah House Foundation is pleased to invite you to the first of its kind, the ONEHEART Experience, in support of mental health. This is an opportunity to gather and share the importance of traditional indigenous holistic perspectives, including nutrition as an approach to mental wellness. The event will be held this September 22nd, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at RE/MAX Field, located at 10233-96 Avenue in Edmonton.
Doors: 10:00 a.m.
Performances: Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Special Guests Include:
• Northern Cree Drum Group: Watch Video
• Blackfoot Confederacy: Watch Video
• Cultural Consultants and Circular Holistic Wellness Model Facilitators Phillip Whiteman Jr. and Lynette Two Bulls
• Guest Speaker, Professor Bonnie J Kaplan, PhD
• Performance by Olivia Tailfeathers and the Grassland Singers
• MC Michelle Thrush
Followed by Round Dance:
• Round Dance MC: Earl Woods
• Stickman: Brannon Raine
Inviting All Singers!
• Drug & Alcohol Free Experience.
• Please dress for the weather. Event will go on rain or shine
• Parking is $10 cash near building. Public transit is convenient for travelling to RE/MAX Field also and some hotels may offer shuttle service
• River Cree is the main hotel we are offering at this time reduced rates will be available shortly.
Your support will help evolve the stigmas and treatments around mental health and wellness. Together, we can make change happen.
Shinah House Foundation is a registered charity that offers support and connections to holistic approaches for community and individual mental health issues. Using a circular perspective, we focus on the whole person, combining natural and traditional practices with our own personal experiences to address the overall wellness of each individual.
Kamotaan Consulting and Yellow Bird Medicine Wheel Model are Proud Partners of the ONEHEART Experience Program.
Supported by Beauvera Corporation and Sugar Bird Charity Foundation.
Tickets no longer on sale for this event.
This event is in the past! Check out our events currently on sale